Friday, May 4, 2007

Spoilers for What My Mother Does't Know

Link to full review on Books. Lists. Life.

from page 106:


I Don't Know How To Tell Dylan

I used
to think I was
in love with him.

But that
must have been
a different him.
Or maybe a different me.

Because
when I look at him now
I see a friend,
not a boyfriend.

And when he kisses me,
all I feel is,
the overwhelming
overness of it.



from page 158

When I'm Not Ogling Forearms

I'm making my way
through the halls at school,
searching every boy's face
for my masked man's eyes,

but it's harder than finding Waldo
because the truth is
I can't even remember
what color they were.

I guess it wasn't how they looked
that got to me.
It was how it felt
when they connected to mine-

like this door
was opening up inside of me
that had never been opened before,
and his soul was walking right in.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP