Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILERS

If the blog title and the post title are not enough- THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS.

In no particular order-

I loved the telling of Snape. The journey through his relationship with Lily, and their friendship and it's end were one of the saddest parts for me. I thought Rowling did a great job on making him in either camp, and loved that Voldemort believed in him for so long.

I LOVED the kiss between Ron and Hermione. FINALLY. I can't wait to see the movie version of this one.

I am so glad that no one died, but if Harry had died in the Forest I would have been equally happy. The best part of the book for me was his walk to the forest, the turning of the stone, and his bravery in going to his death. Finally Harry GOT IT, and was willing to go. I was heartbroken at Dumbledore's betrayal, until it was explained at King's Cross. I believe that Harry was not talking to Dumbledore, btw, but working those details out in his head. That was stuff he KNEW and needed to figure out. I like that Dunbledore wasn't perfect in the end, that he had flaws too.

During Harry's long walk to the forest, I was crying, and the Monkey, who is two, came to check on me. "Mommy, what's wrong?" "I'm sad, Monkey." "Mommy sad. Mommy crying?" "yes, Mommy's crying." "Mommy hurt? I KISS YOU. Mommy all better!" It was the sweetest thing ever.

I want to know how George went on.

I hate that Lupin and Tonks died, but it does neatly mirror Harry's experience. A little obvious, but I still liked it. I love that we know that Teddy got to grow up with other wizards and with love, unlike Harry.

I wonder what happen to the Dursleys, and to Hermione's parents.

I LOVED the image of McGonagall herding a flock of chairs.

I liked the resolution with the Malfoys, and found it interesting that Crabbe ended up the most evil. I think Draco intentionally did not identify Harry at the house, and that was very brave.

When all the other kids- Fred and George, Cho, Katie, PERCY! came out of the tunnel I about cried. That was a great great scene.

I think I need to go back and read everything from the forest walk on again. Just to read it slow and experience it again.

My non-spoiler review is here.

4 comments:

Mercy's Maid July 25, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

I need to read the last few chapters again too. Slowly this time so I can work out some of the details.

Gina August 1, 2007 at 1:42 PM  

In my mind, Dudley fell for and married a Diggle. He and Harry will meet up again when Dudley brings his daughter to the Hogwarts Express next year when it is Lily's turn. The girls will become best buds. Diddikums and Harry have a pleasant relationship now that they are grown and understand each other better. Vernon and Petunia are beside themselves.

Amanda September 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Your post gave me chills. I loved this book. Didn't like the Kings Cross chapter, but loved the book. Great way to end the series.

Lisa September 17, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Bringing this up again makes me want to read it again! I've been fighting the urge for a reread for months and this Is Not Helping!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP